Wednesday 14 March 2012

In the beginning...

Where to start?  I could start at the very beginning but that would be long winded and possibly dull, so I will start with now.  Currently I am a stay-at-home mum, for the second time; no, I don't mean I've just had my second child but that I stayed at home when my eldest two children were young, during the 1990s and early 2000s.  I returned to work again, albeit in a different field post divorce, studied, married again and hey presto - 40 years old and officially @home.
I've started this blog to get me going again.  To make me work and more to the point make myself write.  That's what I studied, English Literature and Creative Writing.  I received a First Class degree and you could imagine that that, in itself is enough to boost your confidence through the roof, enough to forge a new career. But no, it did not.  In fact failure to launch is what occurred. Too much procrastination.  Let's face it, as a mother, step-mother, wife and daughter there is a ton of every day mundane tasks that have to be achieved no matter what.  I haven't been bone idle but I have failed to grasp the nettle by the horns.
Hopping about, flitting here and there, dabbling with this, that and the other and not finishing. Here and now it stops.  
This is a blog about my life, family, house, home and writing.     

No comments:

Post a Comment