Wednesday 14 March 2012

Shhh, the baby is still asleep...

I promised myself that I would use the time wisely while the baby was asleep.  I have written my first brief blog but he is still asleep!  I could write another blog, do a fitness DVD, read, collect washing, ironing - but will I be able to finish any of them...the suspense of the unknown amount of 'free' time is excruciating.  Activities are considered and discarded due to the amount of noise they may create and therefore commit the cardinal sin of waking the baby.  One thing is for definite, this precious time cannot be wasted. I have spent many an hour lampooning people for committing such a crime. Telephone sales folk - they get it right in the neck; I am never even civil - don't phone.  The retired next door neighbour or Power Tool Dave as I came to call him - I regularly shook my fist at him, safely hidden behind the hedge.  The dog - suddenly deciding she needs to defend the household and environs from intruders and n'er-do-wells by barking - 'There's no-one there you stupid dog!'
It all gets a bit fraught.  However, guess who is awake now? Dilemma avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment